The next City of Palmer Election is Tuesday, October 2, 2018.
Palmer Precincts will be open on Election Day for city of Palmer residents to vote on Council Member seats. If your voting location is at Precinct 11-070 (Mat-Su Borough) or Precinct 11-075 (Senior Center), please cast your ballot and make sure your voice is heard!
How do I vote?
There are several ways you can vote in the October election.
- You can appoint a representative to deliver and assist you with voting. Special needs voting by personal representative is available to any voter who cannot vote in person due to age, illness, or disability. Please contact the Clerk's Office at 761-1301 for additional information.
Notice to Early and Questioned Voters
- The Canvass Board is tentatively scheduled to meet on Friday, October 5, beginning at 2:00 pm, in the council chambers located at 231 W. Evergreen Avenue. The Canvass Board's purpose is to verify the information on the ballot envelope against the official voter registration record to determine whether to fully count, partially count, or reject your questioned ballot. Within 30 days following certification of the election, a written notice informing you if your ballot was rejected or partially rejected will be mailed to you. Please note, you do not receive notification if your ballot was counted.
- Questions? If you have questions regarding the City ballot, contact the City Clerk’s Office by phone at (907) 761-1301 or in writing to 231 W. Evergreen Avenue, Palmer, AK 99645
The deadline for registering to vote in the City of Palmer Regular Election is September 2, 2018. You may register to vote or update your voter information by one of the following:
Online using the new voter registration system located at https://voterregistration.alaska.gov/.
Downloading the Voter Registration Forms from http://www.elections.alaska.gov/doc/forms/C03.pdf and mailing them in.
In person at the Palmer City Clerk’s office located at 231 W. Evergreen Ave., Mon.-Wed. from 8-5 p.m. Please bring one of the following forms of identification with you:
Voter Qualifications is in the Palmer Municipal Code (PMC 18.10.010) stating a person who meets all of the following requirements may vote at any city election:
- Is qualified to vote in state elections under AS 15.05;
- Has been a resident of the city for the thirty days immediately preceding the election;
- Is registered to vote in state elections at a residence address within the city at least thirty days before the city election at which the person seeks to vote; and
- Is not disqualified under Alaska Constitution, Art. V.
The following information on the upcoming regular city election will be posted as information becomes available.